SOUTHERN CHEYENNE WARRIOR -1860'S

DerBoogieman
Lieutenant

11 Mar 2007, 22:57 #1

i148.photobucket.com/albu...ure257.jpg
I've been working on this figure for along time now. The moc's leggings and Head(with a re-paint) are Dog Soldiers. I've replaced those leggings with some custom ones that better match the shirt. I've got to finish his base and some tweeking and then hope to get him in the Black Kettle museum nearby." I won't be lied to and I won't be laid a hand upon"
" I won't be lied to and I won't be laid a hand upon"

WestBatman
Sargeant

12 Mar 2007, 00:26 #2

DerBoogie,
Looks good! What type of leather did you use for the "buckskins"? And the paint technique turned out pretty good as well.
Andy
Andy

"I am a simple soldier and as a soldier I see things simply."

DerBoogieman
Lieutenant

12 Mar 2007, 00:44 #3

Thanks Andy. I used Chamois cloth. Not the man-made stuff but the leather.It is pretty easy to work with.Like real leather it will shrink in hot water, just so you know. The "dye" is watercolors and the stiching is all hand applied.
I still have to add otter skins to his braids. Finish his bear claw necklace. Add some feathers and HOPEFULLY I be finished. " I won't be lied to and I won't be laid a hand upon"

WestBatman
Sargeant

12 Mar 2007, 12:42 #4

Thanks for the information. I use chamois for mine as well, I was just wondering if yours was something else. Great figure, do some more!
Let us know what the musem has to say about it!
Andy
Andy

"I am a simple soldier and as a soldier I see things simply."

intents2002
Corporal

13 Mar 2007, 17:20 #5

very nice job....where is the shield from looks like one of mine..but don't remember doing any stuff with you ..Ed

DerBoogieman
Lieutenant

14 Mar 2007, 01:43 #6

Other than the above l;isted, I've done everything from scratch. The shield is based on the Buffalo Society .It was supposed to project medicine for a successful hunt.The hair(hanging below buffalo image) represents an abundunce of buffalo.
I also have a three bladed fighting weapon for him. He is my depiction of a Cheyenne rear-gaurd at the "Battle" of the Washita 1868.Thats about 25 miles from me and the new museum opens this April.
On his shirt is the image of his namesake. MEDICINE HORSE, on his lower left side." I won't be lied to and I won't be laid a hand upon"